Friday, June 20, 2014

Nana has arrived!

Cody's Mom got in on Wednesday evening and we are so excited to have someone else to talk to and have a playmate for Auden:-)  Yesterday we did the main Palace and gave her the interesting grocery shopping experience at Lotte Mart.  Today we took her to Seoul Forest Park which was much more pleasant on a weekday and not crowded- good fun!  Unfortunately, Grant was under the weather yesterday and had a little fever but the plus side was he gave me lots of kisses and snuggles last night and woke up with no fever and just a runny nose.  Hopefully, it was just a 24 hour bug.  Let the fun with Nana continue!





 
Grant wanted hugs from Auden and we had a crowd of foreigners taking this picture of when they hugged.  Tourist season must be in full force in Seoul because the Palace was so crowded and poor Auden had many instances of people wanting to take his picture, touch him, pick him up, etc.  It was very creepy and he was getting upset by it.  I understand the feeling from when I was in the small town of Mokpo, Korea 10 years ago and people wanted my picture because they have never seen a white person/green eyes before, but I took it pretty much in stride as a 23 yr. old.  I just wished adults would exercise better judgment when it comes to a small child.  I understand they may have never seen a little Caucasian boy before but to gather around him without us knowing like he was a costumed character in the theme park for a picture was unpleasant.  I'm not sure what nationality these tourists were but this is the first experiences we've had like this in Seoul.  Hopefully, the last!

 
 
 
Nana with her Grandsons!



 
I love this picture because it almost looks like a fake background. 
 

 
Poor baby starting not to feel too well. 

 
Playground at Seoul Forest Park!  Auden is at the top of big slide and Nana is at the bottom.





 







 




No comments:

Post a Comment