Monday, December 8, 2014

Getting into the holiday spirit!

Here are some pictures of Grant's first snowfall in VA and his first time playing in snow!  We only got about 3 inches but it was enough for his big brother to teach him how fun eating snow is and an attempt at the snowtube:-) 




 
 
Time to get the tree!  It was a nice warm day and Grant thought it was quite fascinating that a tree has taken up space in the playroom.  He is loving all the holiday decorations around the house.  Of course decorating the tree turned into Grant and Auden dancing around to Christmas music and Mommy doing most the decorating but that was fine with me!  It was so fun to have two little ones this year while decorating and Grant got to put on the star topper this year!  Potty training was in full effect so only undies were required:-) 
 







 
 

We were hearing a bit too many "I wants" out of Auden this Christmas so I found a great opportunity through our Church to buy gifts for two little boys in our County's foster care system.  I had a big talk with Auden about how sometimes kids still haven't found their forever families like his brother and they need our help to get new clothes and some new toys.  He was a great little "elf" and I was so proud of him for helping me.  I think it really resonated because suddenly his Christmas list shrank down to two things:-) 


 
To kick off the holiday season we hosted a party with all my sorority sisters in the DC area and their families.  It was a great time and so fun to have the new babies and boys play together!
 


 
 
And as of this weekend, this little santa is officially potty trained!  He has been wearing undies out and about with only 2-3 accidents the past four days.  Our fingers crossed for the same success this week at school.  Now only if I knew how to wean him off the M&Ms he gets every time he goes!  Grant will do anything for chocolate so potty training went pretty quickly once Mommy committed to it, ha!
 
 
 
The house is all decked out and we are looking forward to spending our FIRST Christmas at home!  Cody and I started living together in 2003 after college and we have always been in PA or NY for Christmas- so this is a big deal!  Two kids means grandparents come to us now!  Can't wait!  
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment