
The last week of the summer with both my boys was a great one as we spent every day at the pool because we finally got some hot days where they wouldn't complain that the water was "too cold." In fact, Auden surprised the heck out of us by wanting to take the swim test so he could go off the diving board. He only swam a full 25 meter lap with me in front of him coaxing him along once the week prior, so I was shocked that he was determined to do it again by himself. His first two tries he only made it half way down the lane and then stopped for a rest. But he didn't get frustrated like he normally does when he can't do something, he was determined! Without barely catching his breath he wanted to do it again. I told him this would be his third and final attempt because he was obviously getting tired. We clarified that he was allowed to dive in (which gave him a good start) and I was allowed to be at the end of the pool cheering him on which gave him a lot more motivation to get there. And, just like that- he did it! Then there was part two of the test- he had to tread water in the diving well for 2 minutes. That was easy compared to swimming a lap, I just told him to keep doing twirls/swimming around in the middle. And just like that- he passed the test and the lifeguard gave him a special bracelet that showed he was allowed to go on the diving board! The lifeguard told him it was pretty special because not too many 4 year olds get it:-) He loved that bracelet so much and was so excited for his first jump off the board! I kept telling him that I was proud of him for passing the test but even MORE proud that he didn't get frustrated when he couldn't do it the first two times and stayed determined to try it again and again. I took lots of videos of his first jumps but no still shots so these pics are from the videos and not too good of quality, whoops!

And here is a video of his cannonball that he ended with the first day:-)
Then we were off the Finger Lakes again for Cody's cousin's wedding! The weather was a lot better than two weeks ago and we got a lot more boat time in the sun thankfully. The wedding was beautiful and was up on a hill overlooking the lake. Aunt Jody and Uncle Tom got to meet Grant for the first time and it was great having fun on the lake after the wedding with them so they could get to know their new nephew.
Since no kids were allowed at the wedding I was the babysitter but the boys and I had fun at the pool and exploring the golf course. Nana relieved me for 1.5 hours to watch the boys which was Grant's first babysitting experience. Unfortunately he didn't do that great, eventually stopped crying and played a bit but we were greeted with huge tears and hugs when we walked in the door. So, needless to say this gets me even more anxious for him to start daycare soon, ugh! Cody and I had a great time being childless for the first time since two kiddos though, ha:-)
Here are some pictures of our fun long weekend that ended the summer. And what a summer it was!
Rain couldn't stop us...it was still warm so felt pretty good:-)
Wedding hotel pool- my crazy jumping bean!
No comments:
Post a Comment