Thursday, September 4, 2014

Auden Goes Back to School- PRE-K!

The day after Labor Day my big boy went back to his preschool for his last year!  He was so excited to go back and see all his friends and we were so happy to hear he got the teacher we wanted.  He wanted to take weekly Spanish and Tumbling classes again in addition to music class they have several mornings a week.  And they have the best playground with a secret garden.  No wonder why he came home and said he didn't miss Grant or Mommy (wipe tear!)! 






Little brother had to get in on the picture taking action as always!


 
 
Beyond ready to go in!
 
His classroom with awesome Ms. Nicole


I had to do a "look back" comparison picture!  Look how much his face has changed in one year!  He is definitely not a toddler anymore:(  What a difference a year makes at these young ages!

 
 
 

I'm going to miss my Auden!  What a treasured time it has been to have him with me every day since we left for Korea in mid-May.  Being a working mom he's been in school almost full-time his whole life so these months were so precious.  He is such an amazing kid with such a kind heart.  Besides us getting frustrated with his lack of listening to instructions (having to say put on your shoes, go potty, five times, etc) and noticing some regression (baby talk, copying Grant) he has done so well with the adjustment of the whirlwind of getting a 2 year old brother overnight.  He randomly says things like "Mommy, I wish Grant was in this picture with us" when pointing to a picture from last spring.  And last night he said  before bed "I thought I was never going to get a brother and that made me so sad."  Even though he said he didn't miss his brother after the first day of school, his teacher told us he talked about Grant and Korea all day long.  That made Cody and I smile:-)  And poor Grant has been saying "Auden School?" about 30 times all day long the last 3 days- he obviously is missing his big brother tons and isn't as eager to play outside and in the playroom by himself without him. 
 
Now I have one more month of maternity leave that I must savor with Grant!  It will be very nice to have the one-on-one time with him.  The plan is to wean him into daycare slowly starting in mid-September which I'm already dreading!  I just want to somehow explain to him that I am his Mommy forever and he will never be "abandoned" again.  I think he is already learning by dropping Auden off at school and picking him up everyday that "school" is not a permanent place.  But I know it's not going to be easy no matter what.  Until then, we are just going to have lots of fun:-) 




 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment