Thursday, April 17, 2014

Happy Birthday Sweet Grant!

Happy 2nd Birthday Grant JoonHyeok!  I hope you had (since it's now nightime in Korea) the best birthday and Easter ever!  I hope your foster family showered you with love and gifts (I'm sure they did).  I hope you got all the goodies that we sent to you either on Friday or you will get them tomorrow when you go to the agency for your 2 year well check.  Of course none of these things takes the place of missing out on being with you on your special day but I hope they at least make you feel loved and give you lots of smiles.  Please don't laugh at Mommy's poor Korean- I tried so hard to learn how to say "Happy Birthday JoonHyeok, I love you" into the recordable picture frame.  I had my Korean American friend send me a recording saying it, so I practiced and practiced:-)  Daddy got to say it in English after me because I didn't think we'd be able to speak Korean in sychronization!   I hope you like the recording your big brother did on his side of the picture frame.  You won't understand it but he enjoyed singing Happy Birthday to his little brother.
 
This year your birthday falls on Easter.  I'm not sure if that makes it easier or harder on us.  We are glad we will be together as a family and we will definitely sing "Happy Birthday" to you tonight and we will wish we were in Korea with you on this special day.   We will go to Easter mass this morning with Grammy and Grandpop who are visiting and we all will be saying lots of prayers that we will be seeing you soon.  Your big brother wants to make brownies for you today to add to our Easter feast- I I hope you don't mind that he blows out your candles after we sing to you.  Promise, this will be the last year he does it for you!  Please know that you are in our hearts and minds daily but especially today, we love you.

i think of your birth mom all the time, but especially today.  I hope she is well and happy and there is peace in her heart that making an adoption plan was the best thing for you.  I wish more than anything that one day she will find out how loved and cherished her little boy is.

Below is the picture that we put in the recordable picture frame in your birthday care package that my friend took to Korea last week.  We had fun taking it, I hope you like it.  Your big brother liked playing with and popping all the balloons after the picture:).  I put a new outfit in the package that I'm hoping your foster mom may dress you in the day we meet you.  I love polo shirts on little boys so your big brother will probably be wearing one too at our  first meeting.  i wrapped up a lot of the small things so you could have fun tearing open some wrapping paper.   I think this is the last care package we'll be sending you because if we don't get a late May court date, I just don't think I can bring myself to do one more.  Hopefully we will see your adorable little face by June at the latest.

Happy Birthday sweet boy, your forever family is anxiously waiting to get to you and start the next chapter of our lives as a family of four.          
   
 
 
 
   
 




No comments:

Post a Comment