Well, it's officially the morning of the 20th in Seoul right now so I can say HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT! It's so hard to be away from our baby on his first birthday but we know his foster family will be having a nice celebration for him. We can't wait to see pictures. Speaking of pictures, we got great pictures of Grant this week! He is wearing Auden's sweatshirt and hat that we sent in two of the pictures which meant the world to us. He is SOOOO adorable. And to see him in his big brother's clothes that I've washed dozens of times makes it feel so real.
Instead of a birthday letter to Grant, I decided to write a poem for him on his first birthday (excuse the rudamentary rhyming skills).
My Wish for My Baby on His 1st Birthday
I want you to know
On this special day,
That we are celebrating you
In our own special way.
I want you to know
That your birth mother had it rough,
She was so brave one year ago
When she gave you up.
I want you to know
She wished the best for you,
Hoping you would always have inner peace and strength
Is what she dreamed of too.
I want you to know
That we are going to do our very best,
To teach you about South Korea
The beautiful birthplace you left.
I want you to know
It is nothing you have done,
The loss of two mothers will be great
My heart already aches for you little one.
I want you to know
How very loved and wanted you are,
It is because of the love of your first two mothers
You are coming into our arms.
I want you to know
That you are such a handsome little guy,
You have the most perfect lips
And beautiful dark brown eyes.
I want you to know
That I dream about our family of four,
Walking along
With Auden’s hand in yours.
I want you to know
Despite all that we missed,
We can’t wait to share some of your firsts-
Boating on the lake, sledding and tractor rides are on the list.
I want you to know
We are so happy we can give you and Auden a brother,
Although I know there will be fighting
I can’t wait to see the love you have for one another.
I want you to know
That our dreams for you are quite simple,
We want to fill your world with love and happiness
For it is family that makes life meaningful.
I want you to know
The waiting is so very hard,
But soon the day will come
And at last you’ll be in our arms.
We love you Grant.
No comments:
Post a Comment