I'm really not a crafty person (let alone a baker) but I wanted to honor Grant's birthplace on the cake I made for his birthday. So here is my attempt at the South Korean flag. There wasn't enough room for me to write "Happy Birthday," woops! As always, a big thanks to Duncan Hines for making their chocolate cakes dairy-free so I could actually enjoy it too! I'm cheating on the no public pictures rule (which everyone seems to break) and below is a picture of two recent pictures of Grant with his cake:-)
We celebrated his actual birthday (Korean time) at our monthly neighborhood wine club night. And Nana and Pappy just drove into town and were able to join the little celebration too. We sung happy birthday (which is kinda bizarre when you are singing to someone not there) and blew out a candle for him. All our neighbors, who we are close friends with now, are so excited for Grant to come and join the neighborhood crew.
No comments:
Post a Comment