My favorite children's book is "Guess How Much I Love You." It is a sweet story of a son rabbit and daddy rabbit saying how much they love each other. I heard of a great website that sells books and films in Korean and ordered this book in Korean so Grant's fostermom could read it to him. We hope to send the next care package out in the next week.
Sorry for the blurry pic, here's Grant's Korean version next to Auden's English version.
Recently I found facebook groups of others waiting to travel to Korea in the process of adopting. It has been great because I even have connected with other families with our agency. The bad news is that I learned we have a slacker for a Korean social worker. Two other families that have her as well say ever since Sept. she hasn't been sending hardly any pictures and updates of their little ones (and when she does her pictures are lousy, like toy in front of the face, ha). I didn't realize this all depends on the social worker in Korea. Some families have awesome social workers and get monthly pictures and updates. So, this was a little sad to learn...it doesn't seem fair that it's up to the social worker to decide when to send. Oh well. Praying we get new pictures and an update soon...on the 20th of January, Grant is going to be 9 months old!

No comments:
Post a Comment