Friday, January 18, 2013

Care Package #2


Our second care package to Grant is all packaged up and ready to go!  This time I focused on clothes.  Yes, the hand me downs are beginning already and he's not even home yet, ha.  Sorry Grant, these are gently used items from your big brother Auden:-)  They are some of my favorites and they smell like our house, so they mean a lot more to us then any new clothes we could go out and buy.  I hope and pray we will get to see pictures of him in them one day.  As you can see, we also included some little toys.  Nana and Pappy gave Grant the little dump truck for Christmas:-)  

Since we recently found out our Korean social worker is a slacker when it comes to update photos, I asked the agency if there is anyway for us to get the disposable cameras back during out wait (instead of when we go to Korea).  She agreed to letting me send a note asking Grant's fostermom to give the cameras back to the agency when they are full and asking them to forward them to us.  Sometimes fostermoms do this on their own, but it is rare.  So, I'm hoping the note does the trick.  My biggest fear is that the cameras get lost going through two agencies and so many hand, please keep your fingers crossed this doesn't happen!  I have a dear friend from high school that through the power of facebook I have been able to keep in touch with...she knows Korean and was nice enough to translate a letter to Grant's fostermom for us.  It was so nice to be able to tell his foster mom that we can't wait to meet her one day and are forever grateful for taking care of our son for the first years of his life.  We are so lucky to have my high school friend be able to write this note for us, she has also graciously offered to help with any questions I have regarding Korean holidays we hope to incorporate and Korean recipes I would like to try.  

After going through about 5 Ziploc bags, I finally managed to stuff it all in without tearing the bags.  It's definitely an acquired skill that many adoptive parents are getting good at. 

Tomorrow we are attending a waiting parents group at our agency where there will be a panel discussion with families that recently brought home their children.  We will get to meet a couple other moms that I've connected with through facebook, so we are looking forward to it!



No comments:

Post a Comment