Monday, June 27, 2011

Home Study Complete!

Our last meeting with the social worker was this morning!  This was the only meeting that took place in our home.  She met Auden, did a quick tour of the place, asked about the community in which we live, and then we discussed any questions we still had.  Auden was well behaved for the visit, in part due to feeling under the weather, so he was shy and sat quietly on our laps (quite rare for our little guy, ha). 

Over the next few days she will speak to our references and then she expects to give her approval by the end of the week which begins the official wait!  I can't believe the home study took less than 30 days for us...thankfully due to our flexible schedules (and our social worker’s availability) we were able to move it along quickly.  If you recall I originally said I hoped to have it finished by the end of the summer, so we are two months ahead of my arbitrary schedule, ha.  This is definitely a good thing since the wait times are lengthening in Korea. 

Hopefully, by the end of the week I can tell you that we received approval!

2 comments:

  1. Great news!

    Just think: your little girl could be sitting over there right now waiting for you! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kathleen! It is surreal that there is nothing to do but wait now.

    ReplyDelete