Monday, December 30, 2013

Secret is out...Auden is a big brother!

Happy Holidays!

The day after we found out that Grant's file was submitted for emigration permission we told Auden about his little brother waiting for us in Korea!  We explained that instead of growing in Mommy's tummy like he did, Grant was going to join our family through adoption like Mommy's friend adopted little Henry recently from Korea.  We talked about what it meant to have a little brother and how fun it will be for him to be a big brother.  He was acting shy during our conversation and didn't say much except for some squeals of excitement and nodding his head.  You could tell his little head was processing a lot of information!  Then we gave him a special picture frame that I custom ordered for him with Grant's picture inside of it.  He took a good look at Grant, took the frame out of my hands, set it up on the couch and laid down in front of it to stare at the picture for a few more minutes.  It melted Cody and I's heart as we quickly tried to find a phone to capture the moment.  I told him it was his picture and he could put it in his room if he wanted.  He quickly took the picture upstairs and put it on his bookshelf.  We then took him into the empty room across from his and told him it was going to be Grant's room and talked about how we should decorate it.  We came back downstairs to finish drinking milk/cleaning up after dinner and 5-10 minutes later I noticed Auden disappeared.  I went up the staircase and peeked into his room and I saw him sitting in front of Grant's picture.  Heart melted again!  

The next morning the first words out of his mouth were "when do we leave for the plane?!"  With all the information the day before he didn't remember that we explained it would be a few months from now.  He started to cry when I told him it's not going to be for a little while.  In all honesty, he's excited about his little brother but I think in this moment he was even more excited to go on a long plane ride:-)  To better understand I told him first we celebrate Christmas and New Years, then his birthday in February and then it will almost be time to prepare to go to Korea.  He's okay now with those fun things happening first, ha. 


Here is the picture of what Auden did after we gave him the frame.  Sorry, I had to white out Grant's face since this is a public blog and he is not legally ours yet.  


Auden gave the picture below to his grandparents for Christmas.  What a proud big brother!



I had to order these cute shirts that I found online.  I know they are cheesy but I can't wait for them to wear them in Korea together!




No comments:

Post a Comment