In better news, on the back end of this process the Ministry has been diligently approving files and many families have been getting court dates faster than ever before lately. They added a fifth judge that is planning to work only on adoption cases, so hopefully that will streamline the court process further. Even though we are not submitted yet, it is great to see lots of movement on the back end because the more families that get through court, means that much faster our case can get through. My director thinks based on how things are moving along currently, it is still entirely realistic to plan for traveling in April and making Grant's 2nd birthday. So that was good to hear. Of, course that was predicted based on our file getting submitted in December so let's just hope that actually happens like they say it will.
We got 19 month pictures of Grant this past week which was nice given the disappointing news. I was a little bummed that his foster mom didn't have him dressed in some of the clothes we sent the month prior though. Oh well. He was looking like a cutie pie but had the same "deer in the headlights" look from last month pictures, haha. Hopefully we can get some smiling pictures again soon, I want to see all his teeth:-)
My friend Erin took Grant's Christmas care package over to Korea 1.5 weeks ago. I decided it would be better to give it to him for his Nov. 20th visit than Dec. 20th visit so he can enjoy the Christmas goodies longer. I wrapped up the little toy car and helicopter and pasted my friend's translated letter in a card I sent to Grant's foster family.
No comments:
Post a Comment