Monday, July 1, 2013

Care Package #6

Last week we sent our 6th care package to Grant.  As for clothes, we sent him three cute graphic t-shirts, two pairs of shorts and a bathing suit.  I was on the fence about sending a bathing suit in the last care package because I didn't know what kind of access he would have to any kind of water since he is living 20 minutes outside of Seoul.  However, a family that met their new son in Korea this past month had a meeting at a spray park/fountains in Seoul where lots of kids could enjoy the water so I decided to go ahead and send one.  I also sent sandals that Auden never fit in during the right months, hopefully Grant can get some use out of them. 

Cody had a good idea to take close up pictures of ourselves individually (as unflattering as they may be, ha) to put in a kid friendly album since those are the kind of pictures we get of Grant.  So, I found an adorable album on Amazon to put six pictures in: close-ups of Me, Cody, Auden, outside of our house, our family room and the playroom.  We are hoping that if Grant looks at these pictures often they will be familiar to him when he sees them in real life for the first time, ourselves included:-)  The last thing I included was a bit of an experiment to see if I get "in trouble" haha.  We are told that we shouldn't include gifts for the foster mother in our care packages.  However, other agencies are encouraged to send small gifts.  This bothers me that different agencies have different rules.  Anyway, I was talking with a new friend I made at our agency and she said she's been able to send small things without getting in trouble so I decided to try it to:-)  So I threw in 6 packets of the Starbucks VIA instant coffee...I've been told that Koreans love their Starbucks.  So, we shall see what happens:-)  Oh, and my high school friend translated a nice letter that I included to Gran'ts fostermom regarding his wonderful professional birthday pictures. 





In other news, we unexpectedly got Grant's 14 month update pictures very fast last week!  Looks like he got his first haircut because his bangs are shorter.  He is sitting on his fostermom's lap with a big grin in one of the pictures:-)  He seems like such a happy little soul all the time, I can't wait until I can hear the sound of his laugh one day. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment