Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What's Cooking?

This weekend Cody and I made our first Korean meal.  It is a dish called Japchae and although it's traditionally made with beef, we substituted for chicken.  It required a trip to the H Mart (Korean grocery store) to get the special noodles for it but everything else could be found in Giant/Whole Foods.  We enjoyed making it together and it turned out really good!  I was the biggest fan, Cody added a little more spice and unfortunately Auden didn't warm up to the clear noodles, ha.  I look forward to trying more Korean recipes...especially because most are non-dairy so they fit perfectly with my diet. 



In other news, we received update pictures of Grant!  They were taken 5 days ago on his 10 month birthday.  He is getting so big!  His fostermom is in one of the pictures and she is looking so lovingly at him with a huge smile, that makes us so happy.  His hair is getting so long, cheeks are so cute and although we may be biased- we think Grant has the most perfect lips.  They are the kind of lips kids draw in pictures because his upper lip has a perfect indentation in the middle.  It's amazing how much love we have for this boy that we have never met.  Again, please email me if you would like to see the pictures as I am not allowed to post on the blog yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment